Starting from March 1, 2021, the new energy label can be found in our stores. With a new energy efficiency scale from A to G and a QR code, the new label provides more information and accuracy about a product.
New energy label
Why a new label
The current energy labeling system, on an A +++ to D scale, is no longer as efficient. The scale includes many "+" classes and the information is no longer as clear, while the majority of products are already classified in the 2-3 highest grades. That makes it hard to distinguish the more energy efficient products. The new A-G scale helps you compare products more easily.
There is no connection between the former and current label.
What is changing
- On a common scale for dishwashers and fridges/freezers/integrated fridges & freezers (A - G), G is the class with the highest power consumption and A is the class with the lowest consumption
- Categories A + / A ++ / A +++ do not exist in this scale
- A QR code is placed on the label to provide additional information about the product model, such as dimensions, special features or test results, depending on the appliance. It also gives access to the European Product Database for Energy Labeling (EPREL).
- Clear view of the product's energy consumption
- Improved pictograms featuring information about a product, e.g. a washing machine’s capacity, water consumption etc.
Choosing a product that is two classes more energy efficient than another (e.g. from E to C on the new rating system) can save you money.
- 110 € in 10 years for fridges; 50€ in 10 years for dishwashers*
The European energy label is constantly promoting the technological development of energy efficient home appliances. The annual energy savings are estimated at 38.1 TWh /year, which is equivalent to the annual electricity consumption of Hungary.*
Choosing a product that is only two classes more energy efficient than another (e.g. from E to C in the new rating system) can reduce CO2 emissions
- by 40 kg per year for fridges, which is equivalent to planting or saving up to 4 trees per year*
- by 18 kg per year for dishwashers, which is equivalent to planting or saving up to 2 trees per year*