Terms and conditions
SCOPE AND TERMS OF THE PROGRAM
The IKEA FAMILY loyalty program has been created by the company “H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD” which is TRADING HOUSEHOLD ITEMS, FURNITURE AND CATERING ITEMS, with registered seat in 5 Esperidon, 4th floor, 2001 Nicosia, (hereinafter referred to as “H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD ” or the “Company”), addresses adult customers of the H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD Store and relates to the registration and analysis of the purchases they make, as members of the program, both for themselves and for the members of their family. Purpose of the IKEA FAMILY loyalty program is on the one hand the rewarding of the customers of H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD, who select H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD in order to purchase household equipment needed by themselves and their family, and on the other hand the analysis and research of the purchasing trends of its customers (categories of products selected, visitation rate, kind of products selected by the customers, response to the general and specified offers, etc.) aiming at the improvement of the management of the customer list of H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD and at the provision of products and services better matching its customer base.
1. ISSUANCE AND USE OF A MEMBERSHIP CARD
- Each membership card is and remains at the ownership of the issuing company H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD and its holder is obliged to give it back upon request.
- The membership card is strictly personal. Any transfer of the card in any way whatsoever is prohibited.
- The receipt and activation of the card, which is accompanied by the declaration of the personal data of its holder takes place at the IKEA FAMILY location points within the H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD Store. Moreover the member is entitled to activate his/her card online in the www.ikea.com.cy/family selecting the card activation menu.
- The member is entitled to use its card in the H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD store always within the framework specified at any time by the Company and communicated to the member.
- The member may receive a sum as discount, which corresponds to his/her points, out of a redemption scale per transaction. The offer and redemption of points in the purchases from the IKEA e-shop shall be calculated in the webpage of the purchases basket and shall be credited or deducted after the completion of the invoicing.
- The card, the number of points and the right to discount cannot be exchanged with money. According to the points accumulated by the member, he/she shall be able to redeem them and receive only a proportional amount of discount in his/her purchases.
- The membership card and the benefits program are valid only in the Store and e-shop of H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD in Cyprus.
- In case the member returns a product generating from a transaction, which includes redemption of points, the points deducted due to the redemption cannot be refunded in the member’s card upon return of the product.
2. AMENDMENT - EXPIRY – TERMINATION
- H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD has the right to terminate at any time, without prior notice or justification, this agreement with the member (or /and to prohibit any use of the card).
- The same right of termination is given to the member as well.
- In this instance, H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD will need to follow the procedure indicated in the present agreement in relation to the processing of personal data.
- The membership card grants to its holder benefits for as long as the IKEA FAMILY benefit program is and remains in force. H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD reserves any right to change this period of time at its own discretion and is entitled to unilaterally amend any term of this agreement, including the reward system, the points-calculation method and the value of the rewarding of purchases as well as to amend or terminate at any time in general the IKEA FAMILY benefit program. Any such amendment shall be communicated to the holder of the card by any suitable means using his/her contact details stated in his/her present application or by uploading of any amendment within its store or in its website (www.ikea.com.cy). The member has no claim against the Company regarding these changes or the termination of the IKEA FAMILY program, since he/she hereby already recognizes that this benefits program is granted free of charge by H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD.
- If the members have not redeemed their bonus points within 24 months as of their last transaction with their activated card, then H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD reserves the right to delete the total number of these bonus points. For service purposes as regards to the card agreement and the transactions with its members under the card agreement, H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD shall communicate to the members regularly their valid points as well as their expiration date via email to the email stated in their application or/and via sms/viber to the mobile phone number stated by them. Three (3) months prior to the expiration of the points at the latest, the member shall be notified of the above via email or sms to his/her mobile telephone number, registered as contact telephone number.
- H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD reserves the right to terminate the validity of the IKEA FAMILY card at any time in case of bad use or fraud attempt caused by the member. In this case all the points shall be erased and all benefits shall be removed.
- In case of a member’s request to be deleted from the rewarding IKEA FAMILY program, H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD retains the personal data of the member for 30 days as of the revocation of its participation, for the purpose of ensuring the satisfaction of its legal claims.
- In case there is no use of the card for a period of time exceeding the period of four (4) years as , the card shall be deactivated and members’ personal data will be deleted. For the service of the card agreement and the transactions with its members, H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD shall communicate to its members three (3) months before, the date of deactivation of the card via a written message (sms) to the mobile phone number given by them.
- The card may be replaced in case of loss, theft or damage, only at the H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD store and can be activated at the IKEA FAMILY points or online in the www.ikea.com.cy/family/.
3. TERMS FOR THE REDEMPTION OF BONUS POINTS OF THE IKEA FAMILY PROGRAM
- • The member is entitled to redeem his/her points, provided the relevant balance of the credited and available points is at least equal to the number of points written down in the discount amount selected by the member. To this end, the member shall be able to calculate the total amount of points credited to him/her and also available. The redemption of points in the purchases from the IKEA e-shop shall be calculated in the page of the purchases basket and shall be credited after the completion of the invoicing. The member is neither entitled to substitute part of or all the points collected with cash, nor redeem these points by cash.
- • In case the member returns all the products or part of the products purchased by him/her and from which he/she earned points, then the points corresponding to the amount of the refund, provided money is refunded, shall be deducted from his/her account.
- • The member can get the discount selected by the H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD store, including the e-shop, asking to redeem the respective points. From the redemption the services are excluded.
- • Each time when the member redeems points corresponding to a discount, an equal number of points are deducted from the balance of the available points. The discount applies only for purchases of products from the H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD store (including the e-shop). The services are excluded. The purchases with the use of a discount earned by redemption of points are excluded from the right to refund. The discount cannot be exchanged with cash. In order to be entitled to a discount you should make purchases of an equal to and higher value than the discount. It should be noted, that H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD reserves the right to change the points calculation system, as well as the number of points required to be gathered by the member.
- • In case that he activated plastic Card with the completed personal data of the member holding the card, has been damaged or worn out, the point gathered until the respective event has been declared are transferred to the new Card of the Member, which shall be collected and activated by the member in the IKEA store. In case the card is stolen or lost, its disappearance should directly be declared. Any points already redeemed up to the declaration of the disappearance cannot be replaced.
4.1. Legal Basis for Processing, Notification and Data Updating
The company under the name «H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD» which is TRADING HOUSEHOLD ITEMS, FURNITURE AND CATERING ITEMS, with registered seat in with registered seat in 5 Esperidon, 4th floor, 2001 Nicosia, is the controller of the personal data of the member and controls the processing of his/her data in its webpages and at its store.
H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD informs the member and the member of the program confirms that he/she is aware of the following:
4.1.a. For the processing of the data of the IKEA FAMILY card as described below, we rely on the following legal bases:
Execution of the agreement: In order for the purposes of the present agreement and the IKEA FAMILY card be achieved, that is the rewarding of the member with points and benefits from his/her purchases and the research and analysis of the purchasing trend of our customers, the processing of the personal data provided by the member upon his/her registration in the program is required as well as the registration of his/her transactions’ data.
H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD also reserves the right of providing regular information to the member via call contact, post, email, SMS or any other applicable means of communication to the member’s contact details, duly acquired, in respect of the registration in the IKEA FAMILY loyalty program for its products and services in the framework of their trading relationship and provided the member has not raised objections against this communication (article 15 of the Processing of Personal Data (Protection of Individuals) Law of 2001). The provision of such information may include information about its products or/and offers or/and competitions, the communication for the performance of surveys aiming at the improvement of the products provided and its services provided to its members, as well as its other promotional activities and the service and pursuit of similar purposes.
Legal interests: Some form of processing of the personal data is required for the improvement of the services provided by H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD (processing of statistical and non-identifiable data), the detection of a fraud attempt or bad use of the member’s card, as well as the safe protection of the legal interests of H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD.
Authorization - Consent: The member is invited to grant his/her special, clear and free consent to the individualized analysis of the consumer behavior of the member aiming at the dispatch of commercial correspondence to the member through personalized offers for products or services of H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD according to his/her preferences with or without human intervention so that the member can receive individualized notifications and offers from H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD , which shall better match his/her profile and preferences.
4.1.b. The member has a right but also an obligation to access, correct and update his/her personal data, and is obliged to promptly notify H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD of:
- any change of address registered by phone, or via email, or online through his/her personal account in the ;
- any change of mobile phone number registered via his/her personal IKEA FAMILY account with a confirmation password online or with a written application filed with the H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD store. Given that the number of his/her mobile phone may be used as a user name in his/her IKEA FAMILY personal account (), and in general as an identification code of the member,H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD shall not bear any liability in case it has not received any notification about the change of the mobile phone number.
4.2. Processing and types of personal data – Rights of Members
- Processing of Personal Data. H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD shall process the personal data of the member, as these are stated by himself/ herself in his/her relevant application or updated in accordance with the aforementioned, in order to provide the services of the IKEA FAMILY program.
- Types of Personal Data: More specifically, the personal data, which any member should provide upon his/her registration in the IKEA FAMILY program, are the following:
- COMPULSORY FIELDS: Name, surname, home address, mobile phone number, number of children in the family.
- OPTIONAL FIELDS: Birth year of the member, birth year of the children (if any), email address.
The type of the personal data processed by H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD per purpose of processing is the following:
- For the purpose of execution of the agreement (thus for the collection of points and the rewarding of the member with points and benefits from his/her purchases, the investigation of the satisfaction level of its customers and the research and analysis of the general purchasing trends of its customer base) of the IKEA FAMILY rewarding program, the data that may be processed by H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD are:
- First Name
- House Address
- Mobile Phone Number
- Number of Children in the family
- Expenses incurred at the time of purchase
- Number of transactions
- Number of years of participation in the program
- Products purchased
- E-mail Address (email)
- For the analysis of the individualized consumer behavior of the member with the purpose of sending to him/her commercial correspondence containing personalized offers about products or services provided by H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD according to his/her preferences with or without human intervention so that the member can receive individualized notifications and offers from H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD , which shall better match his/her profile and preferences, H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD shall process in addition the following data related to the member:
- Frequency of Visits
- Demographical data (Address, sex, date of birth, number of children, age of the member and the children)
- Participation in promotional actions
- Channel via which the purchase has been completed
- Response to the social media and other communication means
- Expenses incurred upon purchase
- Number of transactions
- Products purchased
- Years of participation in the program
- The member is notified that his/her personal data may be processed by H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD even without his/her consent in case of fulfillment of obligations imposed by law, such as when the relevant data are requested by the tax authorities in the framework of controls or for the fulfillment of obligations and meeting of legal interests of H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD, for example in cases brought before administrative or Judicial authorities.
- The member is also notified that for the purposes of communication between H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD and the member, provided by the Processing of Personal Data (Protection of Individuals) Law of 2001, H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD processes the contact details stated by the member. Furthermore, when notifications about changes in the terms of the IKEA FAMILY rewarding program are sent via SMS/viber/email etc. to the member, with the use of a link, the IP address of the member’s electronic device (mobile phone, tablet, computer, etc.) may be registered for the proof of the notification receipt by the member.
- Recipients of Data: For the data required for the fulfillment of each of the aforementioned processing purposes and in respect of the duties and tasks of each recipient, the recipients of the member’s data may be:
- The competent employees of H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD
- The tax, auditing authorities etc., in case of a relevant audit
- The company under the name «QIVOS – WE CREATE CUSTOMER LOYALTY SA», which provides CRM services and which has undertaken, among other things, the registration, notification, updating and maintenance of the data base including the data of the members as a processor on behalf of H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD , and according to its instructions and recorded orders or/and any other company provide in the future H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD with the same services substituting or collaborating with the aforementioned company.
- External partners providing call center services and data analysis services, to whom the necessary data for the fulfillment of their duties and the provision of service to the members are transmitted under strict restrictions, limitations and procedures.
Upon registration and processing of the personal data of the member, the employees and agents of H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD, fully comply with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 on Data Protection as well as with the applicable Cyprus laws in force and the in relation to data protection.
- Rights of the Data Subject: Each member, as a data subject, may exercise at any moment his/her rights, as these are provided in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, and more specifically in the articles 12 to 23 of the GDPR and in the national laws, and in particular:
- the right to receive information and to access the data processed by H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD ;
- the right to restriction of his/her data processing;
- the right to rectification or erasure of some or all (right to be forgotten) his/her personal data;
- the right to object, thus raise objections as regards the processing of his/her personal data; and
- the right to portability of his/her personal data.
The aforementioned rights can be exercised by the member as follows:
As regards the right /obligation of access and rectification/completion of personal data, the company provides its members in the program with the option of reviewing, correcting/supplementing their personal data:
- via their personal account in the website www.ikea.com.cy/family in the menu «Personal Data Management»;
- filing a relevant request to the e-mail address ΙΚΕΑFAMILY@ikea.com.cy or email@example.com;
- via a written letter sent to H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD (Verginas 1, Strovolos 2030, Nicosia – c/o DPO).
As regards the right to portability of personal data, H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD provides its members participating in the IKEA FAMILY program with the option of receiving their personal data or/and transmitting them to another controller using the format to be indicated by the competent supervisory authority, filing a relevant request to the e-mail address or to or sending a written letter to H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD (Verginas 1, Strovolos 2030, Nicosia – c/o DPO).
The member has the right to revoke his/her consent at any time and in relation to any processing of his/her personal data performed under his/her consent, without the legality of the processing being affected, which has been based on the consent of the data subject prior to its revocation. The revocation of the consent may be exercised either via their personal account in the websitewww.ikea.com.cy/family in the menu “Personal Data Management” or by filling a relevant request to the e-mail addressIKEAFAMILY@ikea.com.cy or firstname.lastname@example.org or via a written letter sent to H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD (Verginas 1, Strovolos 2030, Nicosia – c/o DPO).
In case of exercise of any of the aforementioned rights of the member, H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD shall take any possible step towards the satisfaction of the request within one (1) month as of its submission. In such a case the member is informed that the minimum of his/her necessary personal data shall be kept and maintained, for the guaranteeing of the company’s legal interests.
The erasure of the member from the IKEA FAMILY program may be performed via email sent to the email address: or Verginas 1, Strovolos 2030, Nicosia.
- Term for the Retention of Personal Data: The data of the member shall be kept and processed by H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD until the member cancels the IKEA FAMILY card, or, for any processing of his/her data performed under his/her consent. Nevertheless, some necessary personal data concerning the transactions of the member with H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD as well as the notification, consent and waiver of the consent of the member to the processing of his/he data may remain and be maintained as information about the member ensuring the proof of the legality of his/her data processing by H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD and guaranteeing the legal claims of the parties.
f. Special Category Data: The member is informed that H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD does not collect nor demands the disclosure of sensitive personal data (special category data) for the needs of the IKEA FAMILY membership card.
g. Transparency Obligation: For any information about his/her data as well as their processing and protection, the member may address the Data Protection Officer of H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD in the email email@example.com and in the call line 22502488 and if he/she considers himself/ herself not satisfied by his/her answer, the member is notified of his/her right to appeal to the competent supervisory authority (Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection, 1 Iasonos str., 1082 Nicosia,commissionerdataprotection.gov.cy).
h. Technical and Organisational Protection Measures: H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD , the processors hired by it and its agents/ assistants for the fulfillment of its tasks and obligations apply the appropriate technical and organizational measures for the best possible protection of the personal data against any incidental or illicit damage or loss, alteration, illegal disclosure or access to them and in general against any unlawful processing of personal data (including the remote access) as well as for ensuring the recovery of the availability of the data and of the access to themthe processors hired by it and its agents/ assistants for the fulfillment of its tasks and obligations are bound by a confidentiality obligation, thus they are obliged to keep the personal data of the members confidential and not disclose the data or allow any third party to have access to these data without the prior notification of the member except in cases expressly provided by law.
H.M. HOUSEMARKET (CYPRUS) LTD declares that no other use of the personal data of the member shall be performed for other purposes, apart from those referred to in these terms without his/her prior notification and, where required, express consent.